I’d heard so much about this Caribbean Island and was intrigued to find out about the post-...
The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
The ancient citadel of Machu Picchu, Peru
The incredible waterfalls of Iguacu, Brazil
The natural wonder of The Amazon Rainforest
Adventures in The Americas
Holidays to South America are sure to be on many people's must-do lists. Whether taking in the jungles of Guyana or visiting the birthplace of the Inca Empire in our Peru holidays, there are a range of options open to adventurous travellers looking for an exciting and memorable experience such the Inca trail.
One of the first ports of calls for many people heading on Souch America holidays will be Brazil. The country has a huge range of different attractions and experiences for tourists to sample - from the carnival atmosphere of Rio de Janeiro to the numerous environmental reserves. According to research carried out by the country's tourist board Embratur, 35 per cent of visitors decide to book Brazil holidays because of its wide variety of beautiful beaches and natural wonders, such as the Amazon region.
The rainforest area, which is spread across 5.5 million square kilometres, is one of the chief reasons behind many people deciding to book a holiday to South America. It is estimated to harbour around 60 per cent of all life forms on the planet and more than half of that number is still unclassified by scientists. But Brazil is far from the only option for people looking for hands on adventures in the Americas.
Guyuna contains pristine Amazonian rainforests, incredible waterfalls and a vibrant indigenous culture. Literature lovers may also be interested to know the country was the inspiration behind Arthur Conan Doyle's famous novel The Lost World.
As a result, adventure seekers and nature lovers will find that Guyuna is one place not to miss when exploring the Americas.
Worldwide South America Trips
On our adult South America trips you can:
- Trek the famous Inca Trail
- Dance the night away in Rio de Janiero
- Discover the mystical Mayan history
- Meet the wildlife of the Amazon Jungle
- Trek through Patagonia and the Andes
- Visit the dramatic Igucu Falls in Brazil and Argentina
- Cross Central Americas from Costa Rica to Nicaragua and Panama
- See the best of Chile, Guyana and magical Ecuador.
Family South America Trips
On our family South America trips you can:
- Trek the Inca Trail with your Teens
- Enjoy a tropical paradise on the beaches and in the jungle of Costa Rica
- Ride the famous Sugar Loaf Mountain cable car in Rio
- Walk among the fearless inhabitants of the Enchanted Galapagos Islands
- Explore the Mayan ruins in Chichen Itza and Uxmal
- Journey through the heart of the Incan Empire.
The Americas Map
Family Holidays in The Americas
For children who have picked up an interest in the natural world in their school lessons, our family activity holidays to the Americas could be the perfect opportunity for them to see nature first hand in an unforgettable setting.
Whether gliding down the rivers of the Amazon in a dugout canoe or taking in the thunderous Iguacu Falls, there are plenty of opportunities for jaw-dropping experiences that will delight teenagers and adults alike.
For families whose children are more interested in history, a trip to Machu Picchu could be more in order. The iconic 'lost city' of the Incan Empire stands 2,340 metres above sea level on the eastern slope of the Andes and has been designated as a Unesco World Heritage site. Its giant walls, terraces and ramps seem as if they have been naturally cut out of the rock escarpments and are sure to amaze all who see them.