The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Island of Ometepe
Colonial town of Granada
Adventures in Nicaragua
A visit to Nicaragua is great addition to any Central American adventure holiday, particularly for lovers of the natural world. Known colloquially as La Tierra de Lagos y Volcanes (The Land of Lakes and Volcanoes), the country has wonderful topographic variety. The Central American Volcanic Arc runs down its spine, giving Nicaragua wonderful topographic variety. Nature is at its best in this hotspot of biodiversity with its lush rainforest home to 5 species of big cat including jaguar and cougar, 3 species of monkey, tapir, anteaters and many more.
Dividing the nation (both geographically and culturally) is the immense Lake Nicaragua, the largest lake in Central America. To the west lies the country’s the predominantly Hispanic, Pacific coast, while the Caribbean lies to the east. On the lake it’s self is the impressive Ometepe Island, formed by two volcanoes, Concepcion and Maderas, one active and one dormant. This is a great base for an active adventure holiday as there is much to explore and discover whilst on rainforest hikes, walks to waterfalls and on the lower volcano slopes. A swim in Lake Nicaragua itself is a great way to cool off!
While on Nicaragua holidays the vibrant, colonial city of Granada is also well worth a visit with impressive architecture and picturesque streets. Souvenir hunters should visit the local market at Masaya, a great place to browse for the weird and wonderful.