The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
The spectacular Simien Mountains
Rock cut church at Lalibela
Gondar, former capital of Ethiopia
Adventures in Ethiopia
There is no where on Earth quite like Ethiopia, a civilisation as old as humanity itself, alleged resting place of the Ark of the Covenant and one of the oldest known sites of human existence. With a rich culture, amazing scenery and age old legends, Ethiopia travel adds an extra dimension for anyone looking for an African holiday with a difference.
An independent country since ancient times; Ethiopia has retained a strong, unique cultural identity and its people are renowned for their warmth and hospitality. There are many reasons to choose Ethiopia for an adventure holiday, from the impressive architecture - most notably the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela (legend has it that they were built when the King was resurrected by God with the proviso to build churches the like of which the world had never seen!); to the unique northern landscape of the Simien Mountains (a UNESC World Heritage Site) arguably some of the most stunning mountain scenery in Africa and great for walking holidays.
Visit Lake Tana, source of the Blue Nile. Home to some 37 islands many featuring churches and monasteries of significant historical interest, housing some of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church’s most precious and ancient monuments. Explore Gondor, dominated by sandstone palaces, forts, stables and turrets – the Camelot of Africa and gateway to the Simiens and soak up the experience of visiting somewhere completely different.