The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
- What is an Adventure Holiday
- The Team
- Claire Wilson
- Rosie Millard
- Product & Flights Dept
- Sales Dept
- Customer Operations Dept
- Marketing Dept
- IT & Systems Dept
- Finance Dept
- Group Leaders
- Press Office
- Work for us
We started in 1996 as a small adventure specialist. Our aim is to create inspirational holiday experiences for everyone.
We’re independently minded and passionate about bringing you the best and most authentic experiences and are backed by a world class travel and leisure company, TUI Travel, so you get the best of both worlds; the security of a big company, with the personal touch you’d expect from an independent tour operator.
We’re a fully licensed and bonded tour operator with IATA, ABTA and ATOL, so all your payments are fully protected. In 2011 we achieved the British Standard BS 8848 accreditation in recognition of the safety policy and procedures we have in place for all of our trips.
Our team consists of 40 well travelled professionals. They regularly go on trips to get first-hand experiences. We pride ourselves on our friendly and knowledgeable Travel Consultants and Customer Service Team; between them they can offer a personal view on most trips
We offer over 230 trips across four brochures.
Family Adventures: we’re the leading family adventure specialist with the most experience. We offer over 100 trips, including dedicated family teen adventures , young family adventures and dedicated single parent departures.
Worldwide Adventures: includes over 135 trips, ranging from walking & trekking trips, safaris, other wildlife encounters, cultural discovery trips, activity weeks and polar expeditions.
Astronomy Tours: From eclipses to meteor showers witness the most stunning celestial events. This selection of trips will create memories you’ll cherish forever.
What our customers think
In 2012, 90% of passengers rated their holiday overall as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ and 79% rated ‘Value for Money’ as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’
“Your company exceeded all our expectations; everything was arranged just as described without a hitch.” Don Stevens Winter Toubkal
We act responsibly
We recognise the destinations we visit are affected by our trips. With this in mind we ensure all our trips are designed and operated responsibility to maximise the positive benefits:
1. We run a Foundation to support grass-root in-country projects
2. We’ve pioneered Hands-On Adventures – where people enjoy an adventure and spend time helping the local community
3. We carbon offset all in-country travel as well as all staff travel.
4. We make donations on behalf of people travelling to specific destinations to support ongoing conservation and community projects
5. We employ locally – maximising the investment in country